William Penn Apartments is located at 331 Main Street, Forest City, PA. This is a 50 unit (50 one bedroom) housing complex for seniors 62 or older and underage disabled residents.
Approximate six month waiting list. For more information call the rental office at 570-785-5990. This is a HUD subsidized New Construction property.
Introducing William Penn Apartments
Located on Main Street, William Penn Apartments offers extra comfortable living to senior citizens at an affordable cost. Designed especially for elderly residents on fixed incomes who are physically self-sufficient, William Penn is a comfortable and secure place to live.
Criteria to qualify:
- An applicant’s gross annual income may not exceed the following limits established by the federal government:
- One Person: 13,450 (extremely low), 22,400(very low) or 35,800 (low)
- Two Persons:16,910 (extremely low), 25,600 (very low) or $40,900 (low)
- Monthly rent is equal to approximately 30% of resident’s monthly income after medical deductions.
- Rent includes all utilities except telephone and monthly cable payment.
Each apartment features:
- Completely equipped kitchen, including electric range and refrigerator
- Cable TV hook-up
- Individual smoke detection, emergency call system
- Individual apartment security system
The building features:
- 50 one-bedroom apartments
- Furnished lounge with TV
- Community room
- Coin-operated laundry
- Ample parking
- On-site manager’s office
- Convenient location to all downtown Forest City businesses and services
William Penn Apartments is the result of the combined efforts of the Borough of Forest City, the Susquehanna County Commissioners, and Susquehanna County Housing & Redevelopment Authority. Significant financial assistance was provided by the Forest City Community Development Program, PA Department of Community Affairs and the Appalachian Regional Commission. Mortgage financing was secured from the U.S. Farmer’s Home Administration, while construction funds were obtained through Community Bank of Forest City.
Residential rents are subsidized through the Section 8 Rental Assistance Program of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Owner & Sponsor: Susquehanna County Housing Authority
Management: Susquehanna County Housing Authority
For more information on William Penn Apartments, contact the rental office, located at 331 Main St., Forest City, PA, 18421, by calling (570) 785-5990 or (800) 654-5984.
If you’re interested in these units, download and fill out a Rental Application today. Turn in your application by emailing the form to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to complete a Supplement to Application for Federally Assisted Housing form, as well. Please also read the letter from our management team.