In 2008 we constructed three duplexes consisting of six ranch style units for those age 55 and older located in Oakland Borough. They are 2 bedroom units in a pleasant and safe community. Rents start at $650 plus utilities. There are no subsidies included. They offer many amenities, including wall-to- wall carpeting, fully equipped kitchens with dishwashers, and laundry facilities in each unit. In addition each unit has its own garage and covered porch. For rental information, contact the Housing Authority at 570-278- 4096.
CRITERIA TO QUALIFY:
- Applicants must be age 55+.
- There are no subsidies. Applicant must be able to afford set rent. Rent includes all utilities except electric, trash removal, telephone and monthly cable payment.
- References will be checked
- Maintenance services provided.
THE UNITS FEATURE:
- Two bedrooms
- Large Living Room
- Completely equipped modern kitchen
- Stackable washer/dryer in unit for your convenience
- One car garage
- Covered Porch
- Outside access to basement storage
- Convenient to Barnes-Kasson Hospital and the Downtown Susquehanna shopping district
- Maintenance service included
A typical apartment has:
- Cable TV hook-up in each room
- Phone hook-up in each room
- Individual smoke detection
If you’re interested in these units, download and fill out a Rental Application today. Turn in your application by emailing the form to email@example.com. You will need to complete a Supplement to Application for Federally Assisted Housing form, as well. Please also read the letter from our management team.